- Written by Patricia Hobbs Patricia Hobbs
- Created: 06 June 2009 06 June 2009
- Hits: 2535 2535
Randy, at Genea-Musings, has posted this questions for tonight's Saturday-Night Fun: Where were they in 1909?
1) Which of your ancestors were alive in 1909?2) Tell us where your ancestral families were living in 1909. What country, state, county, city/town, etc. Who was in the family at the time? Use the 1910 census as "close enough."3) Have you found each of these families in the 1910 census? 4) Write a blog post about your response. Or write a comment to this post.
Of my grandparents, only my maternal grandmother Bernice Alvin Davault was alive in 1909. She was born in 1902 and was significantly older than my grandfather. She was living in Anna, Union County, Illinois. I have found most of my ancestors who were alive in 1910 in that census. So I will only mention if I have NOT found a particular person.
- Rufus Alvin Davault, d. in 1920, was living in Dongola, Union County, Illinois. His wife Eva (Dukes) died when my grandmother was 2, and so she was living with her aunt and uncle.
- Robert Lucky Van Hoesen, d. 1949, was living in Thayer, Oregon County, Missouri in 1909. His wife
- Dulcie (Green) Van Hoesen, d. 1953, also was living in Thayer.
- Daniel Chandler Davault, d. 1916, and his wife Christina Elender (Dayvault) Davault, d. 1912, were living in Dongola, Union County, Illinois, in 1909.
- Rebecca Ann (Bohanon) Dukes, d. 1926, has remained elusive to me after 1905 at which time she was living in a county adjoining Union County, Illinois. I only know her death date from family information. Rebecca's husband Thomas P. Dukes died in 1882 in Kentucky.
- Albertus Louis Van Hoesen, d. 1910, was in El Reno, Canadian County, Oklahoma, in 1909. His wife Carrie Annie (Burton) Van Hoesen died in 1897.
- Learner Ramey Green, d. 1920, was living in Willow Springs, Howell County, Missouri in 1909. His wife Martha Anna Mathes (Inman) Green died in 1898.
- Fred Olson, d. 1966, was in Titusville, Crawford County, Pennsylvania, in 1909. That was the year he married his wife
- Nellie Bly Hunt, d. 1956, who was living in Tryonville, Crawford County, Pennsylvania, in 1909
- Ira Newell Lee, d. 1940, was living in Kane, McKean County, Pennsylvania in 1909.
- Mary Elizabeth (Overbeck) Lee, d. 1956, was living in Kane, McKean County, Pennsylvania, in 1909.
- John Olson, d. 1924, was living in Dahoga, Elk County, Pennsylvania, in 1909, as was his wife
- Louisa Jansdatter (or Johnson), d. 1916.
- Henry Hunt, d. 1920, was living in Tryonville, Crawford County, Pennsylvania, in 1909. His wife Clarissa O'tillie (Watson) Hunt had died in 1900.
- Nancy J. (Magee) Lee, d. unk.: I do not know what happened to Nancy after she and her husband Addison Harrison Lee were divorced in 1878. Addison died in 1880 in a boiler explosion. So I have not found her on any census after 1870.
- Frank Overbeck (aka Fernand Vanhoverbeke), d. ca. 1911, was in Brookville, Jefferson County, Pennsylvania in 1909. His tombstone has no date; there is no death certificate found; and I need to peruse his pension file more carefully to see if I can figure it out or get close. I know he was alive in 1910 as he had remarried. Frank's wife Margaret (Baughman) Overbeck had died in 1901.